Made to be a Maid! RESOBOX Maid Café Auditions
RESOBOX will be opening a pop-up maid café in August to celebrate the special culture developed in Japan! Maid cafés are a subcategory of cosplay (costume play) restaurants found in Japan and consist of waitresses dressed in maid costumes to serve customers as if they were their own personal maids. RESOBOX plans to hold a special one-week maid café and is in need of one to two enthusiastic maids (servers) to participate for a week in our events. If interested, please see the details and qualifications below:
Details and Requirements
- The RESOBOX Maid Café will be open from August 22th to August 28th, 2016. Please be sure you are available for this week.
- Maids will be required to work for two days during the week (further details and times will be discussed if you are selected).
- Maids will be compensated $11 per hour.
- A maid costume will be provided to applicants who have passed the audition process (please note that you will not be able to keep these costumes).
- If interested, please e-mail your resume and your cosplay portfolio (up to 5 photos) to info@resoboxby July 3rd, 2016.
- Once sent, please attend our auditions on July 10th, 2016a 7 PM held at the RESOBOX Café (41-26 27th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101).
We’re looking forward to seeing your submissions soon!
Uno Furstin was known in the Akihabara scene in Japan as one of @home Maid Cafe's top members during the time in the cafe. With her sweet voice, and cute personality, she embodies what it means to be a Japanese idol.