Join us for a hands-on workshop that emphasizes understanding of the basic techniques for using white Japanese theatrical makeup. This is the same kind of makeup used by Kabuki actors, geisha and maiko, and for many other stage presentations. No previous experience is required (preferred). The workshop will consist of the following:
- Introductory lecture
- Overview of products and tools
- Overview of colors
- Demonstration of putting on female habutae
- Step-by-Step Hands-on Application
- Demonstration of painting the neck for female style
- Step by step photographs of your own face
- Taking off makeup and creating a “face print”
- Participants will receive handouts to take home.
We will be teaching makeup for a female type face.
- Wear clothing that can get messy and/or some type of coverup.
- Men must be clean shaven.
- Something to clean your face before and after
- Your own lip brush
- Your own eye brush
- Moisturizer to use after removing white makeup
- A camera phone to take your pictures with