Workshop Series Overview
“I want to cook and eat healthily for myself and for my family.”
If you have thoughts like these, don’t worry! In RESOBOX’s new Japanese Cooking Workshop Series, you can learn how to make traditional Japanese dishes without any prior knowledge of cooking in New York City! We will introduce many healthy and delicious Japanese recipes that you can easily make on your own at home. Each workshop will follow a basic format: introduction of the dish, how the dish impacts Japanese culture (or how Japanese culture impacts the dish), the nutritional value of the dish, preparation of the dish, and finally tasting. Each class features a different part of Japanese cuisine!
Join the Facebook Group!
Become a member of the RESOBOX Japanese Cooking Facebook Group! Interact with other students to get food inspiration every day! Anyone interested in RESOBOX’s cooking workshops is welcome to join!
And, check out RESOBOX’s Japanese Cooking Blogs with Asako Nonaka! Each blog includes an easy and nutritious recipe!
**PLEASE NOTE: The class sign up deadline is 2 days before the class begins. Cancellation after this period will NOT be refunded.**
Unique Sushi Rolls
- Unique Sushi Roll Workshop Vol. 22 Penguin & Snowman Sushi | (February 25 | 6:30pm)
Unique Sushi Rolls
- Unique Sushi Roll Workshop Vol. 20 Frog & Minion Sushi | (November 20, 2019 | 6:30pm)
- Unique Sushi Roll Workshop Vol. 16 Peach Flower and California Roll (April 16, 2019 | 6:30pm)
- Unique Sushi Roll Workshop Vol. 17 Rainbow and Penguin Rolls (May 21, 2019 | 6:30pm)
- Unique Sushi Roll Workshop Vol. 19 Halloween Sushi (Pumpkin & Skeleton) (October 11 | 6:30pm)
Check out the full upcoming and past Unique Sushi Rolls Workshop list here!
Japanese Vegan Cooking Class
- Japanese Cooking: Holiday Dish Tasting & Bubble Party | (December 15 | 7:00pm)
- Vegan Sushi Workshop (November 10, 2019 | 10:00am)
- Vegan Sushi Workshop | (June 22, 2019 | 10:30am)
- Introduction to Tofu – Vegan Cooking Class (July 20, 2019 | 10:30am)
- Cook with Miso to Fuel Your Body and Mind (March 31, 2019 | 11:00am)
- Spring Detox: Japanese Vegan Cooking Class using Miso and Tofu (May 18, 2019 | 11:00am)
- Vegan Sushi Workshop | (October 20, 2019 | 10:00am)
Japanese Sweets Workshop
- Dorayaki (Bean Paste Pancake) (March 31, 2019 | 1:30pm)
- Tofu Making x Sake Tasting Night (April 21, 2019 | 4:00pm)
- Handmade Soba Making Workshop – Learn, Cook, and Eat SOBA! (March 31, 2019 | 4:00pm)
See more of our past Japanese cooking workshops here!
About the Instructor
JSIA Certified Kazari Maki Zushi Instructor
Hiroyo Belmonte is a native from Hokkaido, Japan. She had studied baking, pastry, and Wagashi (Japanese sweets) for many years in Japan. When she moved to New York in 2003, she enrolled and completed a course in Techniques of Bread at the Institute of Culinary Education. As a mother of four children and always concerned with “healthiness” of baked goods, she makes non-preservative and uses organic ingredients as much as possible. Some of her popular baked goods include an-pan, a red bean paste bread, honey bread, and melon pan. Hiroyo also holds a Level 1 (highest class before master certificate) instructors certification for decorative sushi from JSIA (Japan Sushi Instructors Association). Her students and clients are not only Japanese, but include people from other countries. With the advantage of understanding different cultures and their tastes, Hiroyo modifies recipe’s that suite them.