Love making Japanese short films? Want more acknowledgement for your films? Join our short film festival for Japanese or Japanese themed works! RESOBOX is a Japanese cultural center located in Long Island City, New York that has created a community to love and embrace Japanese arts and creation. This year, we’ve decided to hold a short film festival to capture the true spirit Japanese film and celebrate those that are inspired the culture. If you would like to participate, please see and abide to the submission guidelines below:
Short Film Submission Guidelines
- To qualify as “Japanese,” the film should include at least one of the following:
- Filmed/Made in Japan
- Directed by a director from Japan, or with Japanese heritage
- Written by a screenwriter from Japan, or with Japanese heritage
- Include main actors/characters from Japan, or with Japanese heritage
- Based on a Japanese story
- About Japanese culture and/or history
- Other main connections or themes related to Japan
- The film may be any genre, including (but not limited to): fictional narrative (drama, comedy, horror, action, etc); documentary; animation; experimental; etc.
- The film can be in any language, but non-English films must include English subtitles.
- The film length should not exceed 30 minutes in .mov, .avi, or .mp4 formats.
- In order to submit a film, please mail or bring by hand, the file in a DVD, SD Card or USB flash drive to the address below:
41-26 27th Street,
Long Island City, NY 11101
A file uploaded to a download sharing website will also be accepted (Google drive, dropbox, etc.) but please do not send us the file directly through e-mail. Instead, please send your download link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also accepting films to be submitted through Withoutabox.
- An application fee of $15 must be sent with the submission through the “Pay Now” button on the right side (excludes Withoutabox submissions).
Dates and Deadlines
Submission deadline: September 30, 2016
Accepted applications will be made by: October 6, 2016
Film Festival Date: October 22, 2016 (Time: TBA)