The Manga/Comics Reading and Research Network (MaRRN) in New York welcomes everyone to discuss manga from diverse perspectives, including artists, fans, scholars, researchers, educators, editors, publishers, translators, etc.
The primary mission of the MaRRN is to develop a network among individuals and groups who engage with manga/comics to deepen the knowledge of the medium, industry, and culture surrounding it. While starting as a reading group meet-up, we will have special lecture events in which we will invite artists, scholars, and professionals about manga/comics.
At the first Manga/Comics Reading and Research Network (MaRRN) meeting, we will read and discuss Osamu Tezuka’s critically acclaimed Phoenix, Vol. 2: A Tale of the Future.
- Shige (CJ) Suzuki, PhD. Assistant Professor at Baruch College, CUNY
- George Tsouris, Artist/Professor at CUNY
Executive Boards Members
- Ed Chavez, Marketing Director at Vertical, Inc.
- Erica Friedman is the Founder of Yuricon, ALC Publishing and Yurikon LLC
- Kathryn Hemmann, Assistant Professor at George Mason University
- Mikhail Koulikov, Executive Producer, Anime and Manga Studies Projects
- Carl Li, PhD. Assistant Manga Editor at Yen Press, LLC
- Kōtaro Nakagaki, Full Professor at Daitō Bunka University (Tokyo, Japan)
- Shūichirō Takeda, instructor at Hunter College, CUNY
- Masami Toku, Full Professor of California University of California State University, Chico
- Hiromi Tsuchiya Dollase, PhD. Vassar College