Learn all about the Matcha and the many things you can make with it at our upcoming workshop! See below for a full outline of what you’ll learn!
1. Understanding Matcha Family: Shade Grown Teas & Other Green Tea Powders
- Expand your knowledge about Matcha and the Matcha family! You will learn what Gyokuro and Karigane are and how to prepare them. After tasting those shade-grown teas, we will talk about another powder tea that is gaining popularity: Hoji-cha powder.
2. Decoding Matcha: Learn what Determines Matcha Grade
- Learn how to choose the best Matcha for you and how to whisk Matcha. See and taste the three different grades of Matcha and learn how professionals decide prices of Matcha.
3. Liberating Matcha: Learn how to enjoy Matcha in different styles — in foods and with foods.
- Learn how to use Matcha variously–in foods and with foods. Do you have Matcha sitting unused in the pantry? There are many ways to use Matcha. Don’t have a Ninja blender? No problem–we are not making ordinary smoothies! Watch demonstrations of simple recipes and taste them. Try pairing Matcha with cheese. Participate in making healthy Matcha snacks using Almonds. The possibilities are endless!
・Past Workshop Review
“Kiyomi has devised some quick, simple and very tasty recipes using a healthy matcha green tea powder. People liked what they tasted. She describes the benefits of matcha, and its use in her recipes clearly and without exaggeration. During her presentation, she did not promote her own tea. It’s obvious she is passionate about spreading green tea cooking and benefits.”
Kiyomi is passionate to educate the public about the benefits and uses of green tea, including how to choose & how to use different types of green tea. On top of her intensive research using both Japanese and English languages, her imagination and creativeness have brought "mind-blowing" but practical recipes and ideas for green tea. She is a skilled presenter, effectively engaging the audience.