Are you interested in 3D scanning? Have you ever tried 3D scanning but wasn’t sure about how to use the data? Well this event is just for you! This event aims to to teach those to use informative 3D scanning data to incorporate in their creations. For example, making specially shaped rice balls using 3D scanned data.
What you will experience?
- 3D scanning any item of your choice
- Make rice balls with special ORINIGIRI paper.
- Learn how to use 3D scanned data with 3D scanned rice balls demonstrated by Capture it in 3D.
- Enjoy the rice balls with everyone.
- Network with other event attendees
You will also receive a free download file of what you scanned at the end of the event. Don’t miss this great chance to explore the world of 3D scanning and ORINIGIRI as well as meet new people in the field!
What is “ORINIGIRI?”
ORINIGIRI is a new type of art (and way of eating!) that combines the fun features of “Origami” and “Onigiri (Rice balls).” It’s easy to make and guests who participate in this workshop can enjoy the great and interesting onigiri experience!
Learn more about ORINIGIRI from our previous workshops:
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 1: A Combination of Origami and Onigiri
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 2: Let’s Enjoy Creating and Cooking ORINIGIRI
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 3: Discover the Real Taste of Rice by Making ORINIGIRI!
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 4: Adopt a Japanese home-style meal to put on your table!
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 5: Let’s make KAWAII (CUTE) “ORINIGIRI”!
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 6: Much Mochi to Munch on!
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 7: Create Your Own USA Version “ORINIGIRI!”
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 8: Let’s try making a photogenic “BENTO” lunchbox!
- ORINIGIRI Workshop 9: Shaping your own rice ball canvas
About the Artist & Collaborator
Architect, Video Artist
Nitta was born in 1971. He studied at Kyusyu Institute of Design (presently Kyusyu University), Rhode Island School of Design and worked at Shigeru Ban Architects. In February 2014, he established Himawari Design, where he started to design varieties of space on public architecture as far as product design based on the study of using one sheet of paper. He is obsessed with design that connects various cultures and various people based on the simplicity of Japanese beauty. He also sends his message to the world through his conceptual videos. Since he married Aiko Sugiura, a writer and a concept designer in 2016, he's set up Project AICHI with her. Their activity of Himawari Design is constantly growing day by day.
Capture It In 3D
We specialize in providing a wide range of high-resolution 3D scanning, 3D modeling/design, and reverse engineering services. We can capture 3D scans on site, design your prototype from an idea or sketch, or digitally modify an existing file. Whether you need to mass produce jewelry, reverse engineer a part, or create a unique 3D printable file, our team of 3D scanning engineers and modelers have over 5 years experience within the 3D arena, and are prepared to undertake any project. Our unique industry knowledge and experience combine to allow for a seamless experience that unleashes the power of 3D scanning and 3D printing technology.